Sunday, June 28, 2009

NUS lifesaving competition

Well it's over with the grueling training the past week. I didn't win any medals but I'm still happy i went as it was a good exposure. But i feel a bit disappointed that i didn't do any better.

When it was my turn to compete in the 100m manikin tow with torpedo tube with fins, only then did i start getting nervous. When the gun fired i plunged and was one of the few in the lead but when i reached the 50 m mark and clipped the manikin, i was such a butter finger that i lost my lead. I didn't finish in the top few and didn't know what position i was in. I hoped i wasn't in the last position. While i was swimming my mind was filled with thoughts of what if and tired limbs and not letting my team down.

I only had that event so i was sitting on the stands the whole day seeing my fellow teammates compete. I felt like a redundant left limb. The whole day i was doing nothing but stoning. O felt like the proverbial rat! i had nothing going on and i was one of the slowest swimmer in my team. I felt like a burden and though i seemed unbothered my role in the team but i couldn't help but be sad. I was a bench warmer wanting to pull my own weight but unable to do so! sigh!

This must be one of the few really depressing posts.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home